If you’re like me – busy, tired (or feeling lazy), or simply want to indulge in some homemade, low cost comfort food – this recipe may be for you. Not only is it delicious, but it takes no time at all to prep and cook. Grab your crockpot and your favorite spaghetti sauce for this recipe!
Today I’m going to show you how to make Crockpot/slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs! Tip #1 – don’t forget to turn on your crockpot like I did the first time I made this lol!
What you’ll need:
- Package of 28-40 small meatballs
- 16oz of uncooked spaghetti
- 1-2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups of water
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Season salt
You’ll want to make sure you do everything and layer everything in order as displayed below. Otherwise, the noodles may not cook well.
- Spread half of the spaghetti sauce evenly on the bottom of your crockpot
- Place meatballs on top of the spaghetti sauce. Do not place any meatballs on top of one another. Feel free to season with season salt or any other desired seasonings
- Spread the rest of your spaghetti sauce on top of the meatballs
- Pour in 4 cups of water. Do not mix
- Sprinkle in your Italian seasoning
- Place your spaghetti in the crock post. Drizzle lightly with olive oil (which will help to prevent the noodles from sticking together)
- Push spaghetti noodles underneath the water. Make sure all noodles are covered completely by the water and sauce to ensure they cook properly.
- Cook on low for 2.5 hours, or until noodles are completely cooked through and the meatballs are warm. Stir at the halfway mark.
That’s it! I promise you this recipe is so tasty. Best of all, there’s very minimal cleanup that has to be done.